One-Skillet Vegetable Lasagna
Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
The best part of this vegetable lasagna—aside from the flavor—is the low-cleanup: Vegetables take turns cooking in a single cast iron skillet, not several. A stovetop simmer quickly cooks the noodles through, so there's no need for a separate pot to boil them. Then the pan shifts easily to the oven for a last-minute broil to melt and meld the cheeses. Perfection!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-in.-thick slices, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. presliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (28-oz.) can unsalted crushed tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 1/2 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces preshredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- Calories 384
- Fat 15g
- Satfat 5g
- Unsatfat 9g
- Protein 21g
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugars 5g
- Added sugars g
- Sodium 548mg
- Calcium 39% DV
- Potassium 17% DV
How to Make It
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add half of zucchini; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining zucchini. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add onion and mushrooms; cook 6 minutes. Stir in spinach and garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
Spread mushroom mixture in bottom of pan; top with cooked zucchini. Pour 2 cups tomatoes over zucchini; top with salt. Arrange noodles over top, breaking ends as needed to fit in pan. Spread remaining tomatoes over pan; top with ricotta. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes over medium-low or until noodles are done.
Remove pan from heat. Preheat broiler with oven rack in top position.
Sprinkle mozzarella over pan; broil 3 minutes or until melted and lightly browned.